Monday, November 28, 2011

Delicious Food 11-28-11

I've collected these pictures over the past month or so.  Every food was simply delicious.
Dessert tarts - blueberry, raspberry and honeydew melon - with flaky, buttery crust and a rich creamy custard filling.  Served at an event at the Orange County Agricultural and Nikkei Heritage Museum at the Fullerton Arboreteum   http://fullertonarboretum.org/museum_nikkei.php  these tasty bits come from "Frost My Cake" in Brea, CA.  www.frostmycakebakery.com


Lemon Cream & Berries on a folded authentic Belgium Waffle.  Fantastic dessert from Bruxie.  It is a "street food" place that started on Glassell near Chapman University and has recently expanded to a second location in Brea on Brea Blvd.   http://bruxie.com/   All is not sweet - they have many savory offerings.  I enjoy the Bacon/Egg/Cheese, but my favorite, which is not on the regular menu, is Green Eggs and Ham which is spread with a yummy pesto sauce.
 
One of the best lunches I have enjoy lately was that served at the Surfside Quilters Guild November Fest under the direction of LeAnn Goettel.  A very tasty Greek Salad with a side of orzo/pine nut pilaf, a freshly made Bastilla triangle and the best apple cake ever with a dollop of cinnamon whipped cream.  There were also trays of nut breads. 
 
Fresh from the ovens are three trays of Bastilla, a traditional Moroccan dish made with phyllo, chicken, nuts, spices.

 
Ikiru is a sushi bar near the Visions Art Museum in San Diego.  They serve good traditional sushi and this heavenly green tea ice cream.  And what a lovely presentation - the polka dot bowls are perfect!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh! Ymmy! I think I'll go for the Surfside quilters guild lunch...with a side of the green tea ice cream.

I envy your wonderful food options. Troy has really good restaurants too, and at my husband's favorite we usually get an Ahi appetizer...and he looks at me and says "I've got to take you to California with me...there's a sushi place you'd die for!"

As usual, Del, great shots. Making food on a paper place with a plastic fork usually doesn't do it for me!

Quiltedtime said...

Come on, Del. I am trying to shed the thickness around my waist post Thanksgiving. This pictures are irresistible!