Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Great class at Empty Spools/Asilomar 03-24-15

I am taking Elizabeth Busch's class with nine interesting ladies.  It is great to be in a small class after the years of Ruth's very full classes.  The weather is wonderful and my sweater has been hanging in the classroom since arrival.  Don't know what the projection is for the rest of the week, but supposed to be hotter inland which might create fog on the coast.
 
I am enjoying the class and greeting many acquaintances from previous years.  There are about 250 at this session with several male quilters and what seems like an inordinate number of husbands in residence. 
 
I hope to find a chance to take some photos and will post them when I can.  This is not a class where there is a lot to photograph as it is mostly about developing one's ability to critique one's own work and how to progress smoothly through developing a design idea.  We  hope to each create two or three small quilt tops before the class ends on Friday, but most have indicated that they don't want their pieces posted on line, but I will ask each individually before I post anything. 
 
It is late, I need to shower and get to bed for a 7am alarm in the morning.  
.
#   #   #

4 comments:

Carol said...

I'm so glad you are having a good class! Looks like it will be beautiful there for the next couple of days. It will be mid 90s here!

Elaine said...

Asilomar is on my bucket list-not in my budget but who knows. It just sounds so awesome to work with one teacher for a whole week. Was corresponding with David Taylor about the class he will be teaching at our guild and he was headed there as well. have a great week, Del!

Suzanne Kistler said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm headed there in late April. Perfect way to get the creative juices jump-started! I look forward to your photos.

Loretta said...

This was an extraordinary week of weather, scenery and QUILTING. I too like very much saying hello to old and new friends--a truly feel-good week! I'm looking forward to viewing your new little quilts. Your workshop sounded superb!