Monday, September 11, 2017

Program for Morro Bay Guild 09-11-17

I think I am ready for the trip to Morro Bay to do a program for the Gold Coast QGuild on Wednesday.  They are a very nice group of quilters and I am delighted to be going back there for a program.  But tomorrow is going to be a looong day.  Take KoKo with me to pick up Bette in Laguna Woods, drop KoKo at Nancy Ota's, go to Surfside QGuild meeting, return Bette to her house, then drive home.  Where I will put the quilts in the car, pick up my friend and helper, Liz Williams, and then drive to Morro Bay.  It is about a four hours drive, without stopping for anything along the way.  Would love to get there before dark because the road up there is very dark and I haven't driven it very often.   But we are going to have to eat somewhere along the way.  Guess it will be "fast food". 
 
 
I have the quilts all laid out and ready to bundle - five bundles and two rolls of four quilts to hang on quilt display stands.  This is the first time I have shown Flamingoes as part of a program - it is a big quilt and needs to be rolled instead of bundled.  Hope they like it. 

I blogged about my trip to Gold Coast Quilt Guild in Morro Bay last September:
http://delquilts.blogspot.com/search/label/Morro%20Bay
 
"A Rash of Flamingoes"  Ruth B. McDowell - Colrain, MA.  2000  100"W x 52"L
Cotton Fabric, cotton batting and thread.  Machine quilted on a home machine. 
 
#   #   #
 


2 comments:

Loretta said...

The quilters should LOVE a Rash of Flamingos...as I do. I believe this is Ruth's most exciting and extraordinary quilt. Thank you for sharing again.

shilsenbeck said...

'Rash' is one of my favorites. Your audience will love being able to see it 'in the cloth'.