Sunday, August 19, 2018

Quilts by Linda Colsh in TCQC 08-19-18

I am attracted by the work of Linda Colsh and there are four of her quilts in TCQC.  Part of the attraction must be the mystery the quilts present.  They depict places and things that I don't recognize and I am always looking closely for a clue to the juxtaposition of the different motifs in each quilt.   I have presented each of these quilts on my blog previously, so you can click on Linda's name in the right sidebar if you want to know what I have said before. 
Linda's website is:  https://lindacolsh.com/

"Ewe Alone"  Linda Colsh  2007   26" X 26"

"Grand Tour"  Linda Colsh  2007  12"X12"

"Gentle Reminder"  Linda Colsh  2008   12"X12"

"Run Bright and Reflect"  Linda Colsh 2015  20"W X 59"L
This was part of an exhibit at Visions Art Museum in San Diego in 2015.  It was one of seven pieces that followed a theme of Linda's walks along a stream at different times of the year.  Below are pictures she took for inspiration.   The stones were actual stones that she traced around and painted onto the white background.  


These were taken near Middletown, MD, where Linda lives. 

#   #   #


1 comment:

Loretta said...

Lovely, lovely thought provoking quilts. I admire quilters who design and execute their own feelings and thoughts, visual happenings, etc. The thought time is enormous and I'm envious of the time they are able to spend mentally designing and then physically experimenting with materials in order to compose a very special piece of fabric art. Thank you for sharing.