Friday, November 16, 2018

Friday Food 11-16-18

 These pictures are from February 2013 when I lunched with friends at a restaurant in Liberty Station, San Diego.  It was called Rosedale and featured fish which was good, but none of us were impressed with the place and I guess that others didn't care for it either as it lasted a very short time. 


This fish sandwich was good, but not memorable and I can't remember what fish was used.

The presentation included this colorful leaf that I did not recognize. 
But it was what made the lunch memorable, nobody else knew what it was either. 

Tatsoi.  I looked it up online and found it is also called spinach mustard, spoon mustard, or rosette bok choy.  It is an Asian variety of Brassica rapa grown for greens
I have never seen it since.  

There are many interesting restaurants at Liberty Station, but I usually end up at Ikiru, my favorite sushi place.  I so seldom drive down to San Diego these days that I can't pass up the chance to visit Ikiru.

#   #   #  

No comments: