Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Still working at new laptop 01-22-19

I did talk to Carbonite today and they are sending a portable hard drive with all my info on it.  This was suggested to me by Jeannine Nida, Kathy Nida's mother, at the Canyon Quilters meeting last evening.  I was grousing to Kathy about my computer problem and Jeannine was listening.  She told me about her experience with Carbonite and suggested I try it.  So, I did.  Now I am waiting for the expedited shipment of the hard drive which Carbonite says will arrive tomorrow.  Then all I have to do is figure out how to download/upload the contents.  They say there is a tutorial on their website. I'll just have to wait and see!  

I was very tired today and after I picked up KoKo from his keeper's house we went to Starbuck's and then came home and took a nap!  I may need one tomorrow also!  The saying "getting old ain't for sissies" is really true! 

The Canyon Quilters meeting was great and I was fascinated by Kathy Nida's process for making her very complex quilts.  I could never do it.  She is simply amazing.  And it was very special to see so many people I know that I haven't seen for some months.  Lots of hugs, one of my favorite things.

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Almost all is well!