Thursday, April 15, 2021

Normal like - or normal ish? 04-15-21

Morning walk, load of laundry, out to lunch,  KoKo bath, ZOOM meeting of the SDiego art quilt group (only five of us this time), afternoon nap, towels into washer/dryer, fold clothes, evening walk, soon to bed!

Carol and I had lunch at Lazy Dog in Brea.  Soup/salad for her (tortelli/chicken) and a bison burger for me.   Tastes just like a hamburger, but maybe juicer and lower in calories.  We HAD to have dessert - banana puddng for her and apple/huckleberry tart for me.  It was huge!  I brought half of it home and had it for dinner along with a cheese stick.  Eating a big lunch makes me not hungry for dinner.   I didn't take any food pictures, but was tempted to snap some of our fellow diners.  I hadn't realized how much I miss people watching!  A lovely assortment of ladies-who-lunch, older couples (happy or crabby), business men in suits, and a family of about nine with three or four small children - cute!  It was just fascinating.  I think I need more people watching opportunities.  It made me feel alive!!

I have another scrap piece in the works.  It is laid out on the cutting table, so every time I go by I want to stop and look and move things around.  

This is a partial pile of scraps, mostly long or short stripes from evening up fabric edges.  They lend themselves to landscape.  

This piece is a horizontal orientation, but it shows better vertically on my blog.  So the left side is the sky and I am working my way down to the beach and the greenery at the bottom.  Maybe I will put an appliqued bird on it.  I am enjoying "messing" with fabric after a long desert of not wanting to do anything.  Might even get to some UFOs before too long.   

#   #   #

 

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Not only people-watching, but people-listening. I enjoy eavesdropping on fellow diners, something that is hard to do outside. I'm looking forward to a return to normal-ish...once I get my vaccination.

Loretta said...

Fondling fabric is a must in our lives....learned that many years ago. Just the touch, interesting designs, fun colors and textures fill me with glee!!! I have fun sewing whatever!