Wednesday, September 22, 2021

More on Whisper quilt + doctoring 09-22-21

 If you are intrigued with the idea of Whisper Quilts you should Google  "Whisper Quilt Challenge".  There are many shown, some more successful than others.  I was especially interested to read Jenny K. Lyon's explanation of the quilt she made and the third person in a 12 month SAQA challenge in 2012.  She did a lot of thinking about her design.   Most of the groups you find on the Google list just show the quilts, but some have explanations.  Loose Threads group is interesting.  Browse a bit, the progressions are varied and inspiring.

I've talked before about the coyote problem we have in my neighborhood.  Something that is happening all over the country, or so I have read.  We haven't seen any on our walks just recently.  But one day last week when I took KoKo out back for a piddle we spied this one walking between the chain link fence and the block wall that surrounds the patio homes behind us.  KoKo never goes out alone and likes to walk on the short wall across our backyard and survey the homes and park, always barking at dogs out for a run.  And, in this case, coyotes!  That guy stopped and took a good look and I wonder if a coyote could fix the location in his memory and come back later looking for a meal!  It is quite a long way around to get over the two chain link fences, the very deep flood control channel the gravel road, our metal fence and up the slope.  But they can do it as I have seen them in our yard.  


I did see my primary doctor this morning.  She gave me a referral to a different orthopedic group to try to see if I can get another spinal injection SOON.  Guess I will try calling tomorrow.  I gave blood for testing to see about the various levels.  I just can't seem to regain any endurance and am always dragging around, too tired to accomplish much.  All my life I have heard "It ain't easy getting old." and they were right!
#   #   #

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

We were talking at lunch today about coyotes that will take dogs off leashes held by a person! And the spiked jackets you can get to defend against that.

At least we don't have coyote/wolf cressbreeds (coywolf). I believe they're more in the north and northeast (where the wolves are).

I hope the medical referral comes through for you soon! What I've been hearing, rather ungrammatically, is "Getting old ain't for sissies." I may have seen it attributed to Bette Davis? I can imagine her saying it.