Monday, January 17, 2022

Please forgive my silence!


I haven't blogged because I don't DO anything to blog about!  KoKo and I do our half hour walk twice a day.  I sew a little, but nothing to post, mostly mending.   I have been reading the Virgil Flowers crime series by John Sandford on Kindle.  The books can be a little raw and the language is bad, but I find the story line captures my attention.  I don't enloy Kindle as much as a real printed-on-paper book, but since I am not going out much I don't have access to actual books.  Guess Kindle is a blessing during isolation, huh?  I made sure my phone had a good charge on Friday because SCalifornia Edison shut off power in our neighborhood from 9am to 6pm.  Good, thoughtful friends Carol and Dick invited us over for a lovely corn chowder lunch, perfect for a cold, powerless day.  It was dark when the power came on and I was wondering if we would spend the night completely dark.  The house had not warmed up in the morning so it was cold all day and I didn't think we could survive the night without some heat.  I have a lot more sympathy for people who endure long term powerlessness.   These days there isn't a lot one can do without electricity.  Anyway, SCE replaced four power poles on Palm, the main cross street, so maybe this won't happen again for years.  

We have been sprinkled on several days the past week, but this morning it rained pretty good whilst we were on our morning walk.  We sheltered on a handy  covered porch for about 15 minutes and the rain let up to a light sprinkle.  Of course, we were damp when we got home, but it doesn't seem to bother KoKo, who gets a good toweling off and I just change my clothes.  

So, you see, I don't really have anything to write about!  I'll keep trying.

#   #   #

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Del We had about 6" of snow. So Bob demanded his sweater which maybe wasn't such a great idea because it trapped the snow under it. He went crazy getting the snow out and spent the rest of the day under his blanket on the couch. Since we weren't walking in 22•F weather I spent the day straightening my library studio and looking at old American Craft magazines. I have them back to 2011. Also working on adding having rod pockets to View. I am thinking of entering it in Best of 2022. Look up Ohio Designer Craftsman, they have the best yearly shows of all kinds of craft. They always pick a lot of very innovative fiber pieces. Always glad to be in that show.
Mary Ann from cold and snowy northern Ohio.

Loretta said...

Good Morning, Yes, it is slow times for all of us....I do wish I could get going on something, however, my attention span and energy level seems to have waned since this new omicron has taken over my attention! I am vaccinated and boosted, and always wear, now an N95, but I still am not feeling safe from this virus! So, the birds and I...share breakfast together, they on the deck railing and me at my sewing/cutting table! More to come later this year, I hope...at least I will be getting out and working in the garden...gathering some of natures Vitamin D! Please, all, take care and stay well.

Carol said...

Very nice post, Del! I enjoyed it. You do see interesting sights on your walks. And our sunrises and sunsets have been amazing this
Week!