Thursday, March 9, 2023

More Fabric 03-09-23

Just to add some words to Wordless Wednesday.  An explanation of sorts.  

In yesterdays post the top picture of piles of fabric is mine from one of the times I was trying to reorganize.  The other two are of student's tables at Empty Spools, probably in Ruth McDowell class.  I try to take photos of what it is like in a classroom.  Students bring huge amounts of fabric - suitcases, boxes, bags, even rolling plastic drawer units.  And, of course, sewing machines, chairs, ironing "tables", every imaginable gadget and boxes of thread.  As the years have gone by I take less and less and leave my machine in the car in case I ever get to the sewing part, which I usually don't.   The classes I take are usually more about the design and fabric selection.  Here are some more fabric piles from Empty Spools, these are from 2012!

This student knew what she was going to create and was also very tidy and organized.  She limited the amount of each fabric.  There is an onsite shop provided by the Cotton Patch in Lafayette CA., so one can always do a quick shopping trip!

 
Maybe an ocean subject?
 
Could be snowy mountains?
 
Undecided, but lots of yellow - sunflowers?
 
Perhaps a field of poppies?
#   #   #


No comments: