Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Miscellaneous Stuff 05-30-23

Seems that my health is all I deal with these days and I hate to fill this blog with all that annoying stuff.  I do have a new medication which I think is helping some, but I  won't know until I have taken it for a couple weeks.  I did not have a epidural last Thursday as planned.  Somehow the locations got mixed up: I want to go to the Orange facility as I have in the past.  So that is rescheduled until June 8th.  Have needed to take some Norco a couple times.  Pain is so tiring that it helps  to be away from it for a few hours.  But if I take it I cannot drive and there are those other medical appointments I need to drive to.  Plus I still drive the boys to school on Tuesday and Wednesday.  I am a Tylenol junkie every day!!  I read an post and comments on the Elder Orphans Facebook page about the problems others are having with medical issues and it is reassuring to  know that I am not the only one who is dealing with these medical problems - there  are hundreds of comments on  the original post.  And there are some good suggestons about  how to deal with problems.  

I have had a "studio assistant" for multiple hours this past few weeks.  A young lady, who lives in the neighborhood and has some art training, has come to help me roll/cover/tag TCQC quilts to clear off the cutting table and get them ready for storage.   Haven't figured out the storage exactly, but it is progress and I can now use the cutting table for ...well.... cutting!    We could only work for a couple hours because I don't have the energy to work any longer.  I do enjoy  talking about the quilts, the quilt makers, and the many different techniques and Anna seems to enjoy hearing about everything.   Our progress has been slower than if I didn't talk so much. 

Rolled quilts waiting on the guest bed for decisions on storage.  One thing we did was re-roll all of the Ruth B. McDowell quilts in the same fabric and used all 21 yards  of the bolt I bought at Rosie's bargain room.  We also rolled quilts I have made in a solid crimson that has been in my fabric library since 2005!  

Of course, KoKo and  I  still  walk twice  a  day, even with the drizzle we have been having almost every morning.  Locally it is known as the ""May Greys" and we will now move into the "June Glooms".  Always surprises early summer visitors who expect sunshine.  But there are still bright flowers and drifts of roses, along with huge weeds  and tall lawns. 



For the Monarchs.

#   #   #

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Del Getting old is not for sissies! When people note that my car has few miles I reply that I only drive it to the doctor and the grocery store. There are a few trips to JoAnns. But now my Sweet 16 is down and I will have to have my nephew put in the car fora trip to the sewing machine doctor. Dang! I was just getting into a new large quilt. Of course!
Mary Ann

Sherrie Spangler said...

I hear you on getting old! I'm not even that old (67) and I've already had cataract surgery, hearing aids, and two failed rotator cuff surgeries and am waiting to hear what my surgeon wants to do now that the rotator cuff has torn again.

Diane Perin said...

Del, I’m sorry you are struggling with health issues. I hope things can be improved soon. I’m glad you have Koko and an assistant to keep you distracted!