Saturday, July 19, 2008

Loaded shelves and scraps 07-19-08


Boxes of fabric filling the shelves. There are fifty-four large boxes and fifteen small. And some miscellaneous baskets and paper boxes. So neat and tidy. Will I ever be willing to mess it up? Will I ever be able to find anything? I will need to buy two more of the extra large boxes like the one on the very top shelf which is where the batting will live.



What is left over is scraps - piles, baskets, boxes and bags. I think I will just divide them up into three bags and donate them for the Beach Cities Quilters Guild Xmas auction in December. I did this about a decade ago and it was a popular item on the silent auction tables. There are other 'scrappers' out there!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

jpsam said...

Wow! This is fabulous! What an inspiration. I should get back to work...
joan

imquilternity said...

Well done! And, it looks good too!

Loretta said...

Bravo Del and Liz, I've been following your progress and am inspired! As I'm a fairly new quilter, my stash is not quite so extensive, however, my garage is the problem. So, so long as the weather in Marin is cool, I'm going to tackle it corner by corner. Thanks so much. Del, enjoy your refurbished studio and quilt, quilt, quilt. Loretta Armstrong
lgarmstrong@comcast.net

Christine Thresh said...

Now that my stuff is all in order I have lost my inspiration. I hope this does not happen to you.

Del said...

Nice to have your comments - Thanks.
The room won't stay this tidy for long! And you should understand that I have been making quilts (but not obessively) for over sixty years and I have always been a saver, which equals lots of fabric. The problem has been that I haven't really put anything away for about fifteen years. I have recently 'turned the corner' healthwise and am inspired to do many things I haven't done in all that time. Just the physical effort of doing all of this has been exhausting. Liz has been a saving grace with her enthusiasm and stamina - I owe her eternal friendship!

Corky said...

Looks great Del. I sure could use a studio organizer.

meggie said...

Oh to have the space to organize like this! I could feel reluctance to disturb it for creativity...