Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Here I am, Prince-less 11-22-10

I took Corky, the Poodle Prince, home to his parents today. They will be going to the desert for Thanksgiving and, of course, Corky will also go. I have opted out because I still don't have a lot of energy and would be more than a bit of a wet blanket. The drive out is long and even longer now that I have to stop and walk around every hour or so. Better that I just give thanks at home.

Lately when Corky and I go for a walk just in the neighborhood he thinks that once he does his business it is time to return home and eat his dinner. He pulls at the lease and won't "heel". So, a month or so ago when we were within one lot of our house I slipped off the lease to see what he would do. Poor little doggie with a bad back took off like a shot and ran, ears flying, for home! The ugly brown Pacific Bell box on the right of the sidewalk is the corner of our yard. the driveway just beyond.

He makes it to the door long before I arrive and impatiently waits. What a guy! Of course, he thinks this is the way it should always be and the only way to avoid this dash for home is to take him walking somewhere away from the neighborhood. What have I set in motion?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving Del! You are really going to miss that very precious little Prince! He is just too cute!

We don't "do" that but I understand the background. All that energy is saved up for Australia Day (Jan 26!) The Family Day here.

I'm melting - our first hot day for summer - 34C

I'll go back to the boxes! The garden is going to be beautiful for hand stitching or beading over summer!


Hugz

Gerrie said...

Wishing you a healthy and restful turkey day, Del.

Corky said...

Sorry you're not feeling better Del. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

dee said...

Hope you're feeling much better soon. Having a peaceful Thanksgiving is not a bad idea. I'll be thinking of you.