Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Feet - Subway 06-15-12

Tonight I am at HIE in Cedar City, Utah, and Friday Feet is all I can manage!  I drove 481 miles today - 81 miles over my self declared limit!  But I also had lunch in Orem, UT, with Beverly Hart, an online friend - great to meet in person, at last.  More on that later.   I had called ahead for a room and when I arrived at the motel about 7pm I found a girl's soccer team sprawled in the hall and a group of younger boys occupying the breakfast room; according to the desk clerk there are several more youth sports teams staying tonight.  As always, I have my earplugs, so I quickly moved my stuff into my room and applied the earplugs for a two hour nap.  I didn't hear a thing until I took them out and found the party in the hall was still going strong.  Ahhhh, the stamina of youth!  They all went to bed around 11pm.  I spent a half hour trying to get online, even going to the front desk for help... or, should I say, no help..  before pulling out my sky card and hooking up immediately.  Although I pay for it every month, I rarely use it and forget that it is an option.  And now to bed again and, hopefully, on the road in the morning with enough time to make it all the way home.  I need to spend a day recuperating, it has been a physically difficult trip.  But, as my pictures show, a memorable one.  I will post more pictures of the landscape and of the projects in Ruth McDowell's class. 

 
I don't remember in what city this Subway is located.  I just thought the legs and shoes were interesting along with the giant veggies on the tile counter front. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

Thinking of you this morning and hoping that you have a safe and enjoyable drive home! Looking forward to those pictures you will post!!