Saturday, June 16, 2012

Home Again. 06-16-12

I don't know if it is Blogger or if it is a tired Del, but this is the third time I have typed in the text for this blog post!  I can never remember what I wrote previously, but it always seems like it was better!

I have pushed too hard the last few days - 481 miles Friday and 428 miles today - overstepping the boundary I set before I left on this trip, which was no more than 400 miles a day.  I had a nap after my arrival home a little before 4pm, but then was up to unload the car (not finished), do some laundry, and do e-mail catch up.  I need to go back to bed soon. 

I have saved some rejects from my point and shoot photos taken whilst driving.  Just to show how bad it can get when one doesn't look at the screen or through the view finder.  No touch up on these - just resized. 

 
The unfortunate white streak was on the windshield, not the mountain.
 
Too much reflection, not enough landscape.

On any road trip there are a few vehicle interior shots. 

And always some guard rails slipping quickly past. 
 
This looks like a double exposure, not possible with digital.  The red/yellow stripe is a reflection of my fabric camera cover, the right side of the photo is a rocky road cut.  I haven't a clue what anything else might be.
 
A blurred road cut...
 
And one that isn't blurry, but missing the top part.  Along with a blurry median barrier.
 
Another view of an absolutely filthy vehicle interior.  The outside is worse.
 
A composite shot of blurred landscape, guard rail, interior and the guy on my tail.
 
?????

Your guess is as good as mine!

I have quite a few pictures to post, especially those of the Ruth McDowell students work.  I'll get to them soon.  Right now - to bed.  My very own bed!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Dolores said...

Rest, Rest, Rest!!! XX

Christine Thresh said...

I'm glad to learn that you are safe at home. Rest today, then tell us more.
The photos were funny. ALL of the photos I have tried to take while driving look like your rejects.

Gerrie said...

Welcome home. Happy to hear that you made it. Get lots of rest.

Patty ♣ said...

What a trooper! That was a lot of miles!! So glad for all the time you take to take us along! Yes, now rest up! Glad you are safely H♥me!

Terry Grant said...

481 miles in a day? You are a road warrior! I think I would not be able to walk when I got out of the car. Rest up! I am looking forward to seeing you next month!