Sunday, June 15, 2014

Beach Cities QGuild Quilt Show Part 2 06-15-14

Before the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection took over my life, I rather casually collected antique and vintage quilts.  Signature quilts have always impressed me and there are several antique ones on my shelves.  I was quite taken with Maggie Ezell's two quilts for her daughter's weddings.  
 

This one is very effective, despite her problem with the size of the signature blocks.
It also has great quilting done on a domestic machine.  

[I think this should read "Her friends 'made' the quilt with their great signature blocks.]

Another successful signature quilt using the very simple block.  Such a wonderfully loving tribute from friends, family and mother. 
 

Here is another bunny for my bunny lovin' friend.  Grace Errea is creating quite a name for herself and a loyal following.  This is another of her successful quilts. 
 
 


Is this a happy quilt, or what?!  It has all the elements to attract my attention - little blue birds, happy flowers and that lovely acid green.  The 'randomness' of the design is a delight.
 
I have a few more pictures to post later in the week.
#   #   # 


No comments: