Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fabric from Back Porch Fabric in Pacific Grove 08-19-14

I was in Pacific Grove on Friday and headed straight for my favorite fabric shop, Back Porch.  Such an array of beautiful fabrics.  Seemed like there were a lot of new bright prints, but I controlled myself and didn't go berserk!  Here are the fabrics I purchased:
 
From the left:   A great Alexander Henry (shown larger below),  another black and white for my B&W library, acid green I couldn't resist - it makes me smile, barely a slice of another acid green with white, big blue and white flowers, another black and white - same print as the acid green with white.  And three yellows because Liz keeps making quilts with yellow and "shops" in my yellow boxes.  Somehow even the scraps don't make it back. 
 
The two on the left end are sort of "border" prints.
 
This colorful Alexander Henry is shown selvage to selvage.
 
This one has a black background  with little beige sticks that are grouped on either selvage.  In the center the sticks are fewer and further between. 
 
And, NO, I don't have any plans for any of these fabrics - they are just going to go into my fabric library. 
 
P.S. This is post 2301! 
#   #   # 

1 comment:

Karen Rips said...

We are like ships passing in the night! I was in Monterey about a week ago, and we're going back up next week and staying at Asilomar.