Friday, August 22, 2014

Sale fabric for SQG Philanthropy 08-22-14

The one thing I like to shop for is fabric.... well, and maybe silk scarves and jewelry!  I have enough fabric in my fabric room/library to last several lifetimes.  So, on the trip to Indiana/Wisconsin I shopped for fabric specifically for the Philanthropy project of Surfside Quilters Guild.  They always need large pieces for backings and they always need children's prints, so those were my guides.  I did not find much that was specifically for boys, but a number of prints that would do from either boy or girl.  I was targeting the sale sections so the cost ranged from $3/yard to $6/yard. 
 
The bolt on the left is bright, but not exciting!  The birthday fabric in the middle came in two color ways and I purchased what was on the bolt for both of them.  And surely any kid would love a spooky Halloween print on the back of their quilt.

This is the birthday fabric in another color way.  I think there are 10 yards of this one.

Just one motif from the birthday fabric - I love this block.
I have a few more philanthropy fabrics to photograph, but the sun was too far down to continue taking pictures.  These all have a slight blue cast because it was too late in the day.
 
These fabrics I purchased for my library are mostly fat quarters.  I've been collecting dark Xmas prints for another Twisting Pinwheel quilt and was happy to find the one on the left.

Some day I will have enough black and white prints to make a hundred quilts!  So far I have made only one black/white/red quilt.  But I love buying the fabric for them.

#   #   #

1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

You made some great purchases there, Del. Black and white prints are high on my list of favorites, too.