Saturday, August 2, 2014

Flowers 08-01-14

It was a most unusual Roadside Rest Stop and I am not sure if it was in Missouri or Indiana.  I'd spent the night in Columbus, MO, and was on my way to Marion, IN, when I stopped for a walk around and to visit the facilities.  Someone has obviously spent a good deal of time tending the flowerbeds - they were spectacular. 
 
  I took my traditional picture of my car showing the license plate, just to prove I really was on a trip.  Unlike the landing on the moon. .
 
 
Coneflower with bee.

Coneflower sans bee.

Nicotiana (tobacco plant)

I have no idea what this is (see below) - Lobelia and Pinks in the lower right.
 

This is how this strange plant grows.  Anyone know what it is?
Friend Deb McKay identifies this as Amaranth - Splendens Perfecta.
#   #   #


1 comment:

Loretta said...

Now a naturalist!!! Your resume is growing! Flowers are always a happy occurrence! Thank you.