Saturday, September 13, 2014

Fund Raiser at Visions Art Museum 09-13-14

Would you believe that both of the camera batteries I carry were dead?  So, there is only one picture of this event.  And then the battery gave out!
 
Starting to call the winning numbers for the raffle baskets.   On the left in the background is Karen Cunagin, museum member.  Center is Beth Smith, Museum Director, and on the right is Kim Egeland, Board Secretary.
 
The event is called "Sip, Savor, and Stroll" and it is the major fund raiser of the year.  There were about 30 raffle baskets (tickets were sold to attendees and we dropped half of each ticket in the bags connected to the baskets we wanted to win - this is sometimes called a Chinese Raffle, I haven't a clue why).   Several people won more than one basket, in fact, I believe one lucky lady won either four or five baskets.  I won one that I had selected because it has a yard of a great red and dark blue fabric.  Also three large chocolate bars, a teapot,  a jar of Scandinavian Orange Marmalade from Denmark, and some machine appliqued coasters.  I traded the coasters with one of my table mates for some note cards with the initial D in fancy script.  She loved the coasters and has no "D"s in her family. 
 
 
There were also 12X12 quilts in a silent auction - maybe twenty - all of which were from VAM challenges in the past year that failed to sell during the months they were shown in the museum gift shop.  I liked four of them and I guess nobody else wanted them, so I added them to TCQC.  They will appear on this blog some Sunday in the future.  Maybe even tomorrow!
 
It is excessively hot here and I found the 81F in San Diego rather refreshing!  There was a nice breeze off the water and the humidity was reasonable.   Placentia had 99F and now at 12:45am it is 76F.  Supposed to be even hotter tomorrow.   And hotter yet on Monday and Tuesday.  Blessed Air Conditioning will save me from melting away.  The fire in Silverado Canyon is about eight miles away and the wind is the other direction, so we haven't had any ash or smoke smell. 
#   #   # 

No comments: