Thursday, October 30, 2014

"Desert Wind" a quilt challenge 10-30-14

Visions Art Museum has member challenges every two or three months and the quilts are hung in the Visions Alcove Gallery where they can be purchased by visitors to the Museum.  There is always a theme, the latest is Weather Forecast.  And they changed the size - the pieces have always been 12" x 12", but now the size/shape changes with every challenge.  I (and a few others) misunderstood and created verticals instead of horizontals.  I need to pay better attention. 

I think  this would be more effective as a horizontal piece - mostly because of  the limited size of the 10" width.   But I suppose I was thinking of dust devils with are usually vertical. 

This leftover fabric was just about the right size.  I have forgotten what I used it in earlier!


Sort of a sloppy label, but all the information is there.  Why four birds instead of one?  I don't know..  because it was a wide space, perhaps!

#   #   #

1 comment:

Dolores said...

I like the piece a lot and the size - better than 12" squares.