Sunday, November 2, 2014

Remembering Bishop Creek 11-01-14

It has been two years since I drove up to see the aspen trees above Bishop, CA, along Bishop Creek.  It is an area that my husband and I tried to visit every year - either for the trout fishing or just to look at the fabulous landscape.  This trip was October 24, 2012.


Bishop Creek is lined with willows and aspen. 

The road climbs to over 8000 feet and can be closed in snowy weather.  


The little town of Lone Pine is at the base of the Sierra.  One of these peaks is Mt. Whitney, the tallest mountain in California and the lower 48 states. 

Driving home through the Owens Valley there were herds of wild elk grazing.  

#   #   #

4 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Beautiful, Del.

Susan Sawatzky said...

Del, my husband and I used to make the same trip from Reno. We also used to go in spring to see all the wild iris.

Susan in Port Townsend

Loretta said...

Wonderful, wonderful memories! We are so fortunate to live in this beautiful state of California!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I are going up to Big Pine CA, Nov 7 for a week to get some fishing in before the end of the season. I love the Owen's Valley (The Deepest Valley), the Sierra's and White Mountains make for an extremely beautiful area. Here's hoping we will have some color left to see. Thanks for the smile Del. Sally