Thursday, May 21, 2015

Miscellaneous leftovers from Road Trip 05-21-15

I haven't done much that is photographable since I came home from my Road Trip.  You know how it is....  unpack, put away, laundry, mail, laundry, restock pill boxes, laundry....!   And I have just now gotten around to sorting through the last few days of pictures, deleting and resizing and editing.  Here are just a few more from my 3000 miles of driving.
 
One thing I notice when I get out of southern California is the old cars on the road.  I suppose there are a lot around here, but they are mixed in with so many newer cars they seem rare.  This vintage Lincoln was cruising down I-5 in Washington State  - looks to be in good shape and it was doing 70mph or so.  I thought at first the driver was giving me the one-finger-salute, but he was just smoking a cigarette held in his left hand.  Smoking, another thing I notice when I am on the road.

There was a huge patch of nettles in a roadside rest, they are so distinctive in their growth pattern they are hard to miss.  But I remember having to learn the hard way when I was a child.  They sting like the devil when one get them on the skin - especially a bare bottom.

Buttercups.

At another stop there was a field of buttercups, so bright in the sun.

Crossing the mighty Columbia River.  Just look at all that water running off to the sea.  Sad.

I  took my arty dice along for company, they are sparkly and cheerful on a dreary day, but I didn't have many of those.  The weather was phenomenal, I don't think I have ever been to the Pacific Northwest before and not seen any rain. 
#   #   #

No comments: