Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Deer sighting

I know that some of you live places where deer are a big problem, but I have never had them in my neighborhood wherever I have lived.   Other than at Asilomar in Pacific Grove, I only see deer occasionally when  I am here at Mary and Joe's house.  Today a female deer with a fawn came up to drink from the birdbath and stayed for a little nap and a grooming session.  She even cleaned her ears with her hind hooves.   Of course, I had to take pictures out the breakfast room window.   Earlier there were six squirrels chasing each other around and eating the bird's seeds, but they didn't stay still long enough for a picture.

She is just beyond the border fence and has her fawn stashed somewhere close by.

There she is right at the bottom of the bird feeder.

Part of the bathing process.
 
It was very hot here today.  Gilroy ,  which is 18 miles by road, set a record with a temp of 113F and I'm pretty sure it was 100F outside here.  80F inside, but it doesn't seem so hot when I can look outside and see green trees and bushes.
 
#   #   #
 

No comments: