Monday, June 29, 2015

On the road with clouds 06-29-15

I am in San Juan Bautista tonight having driven up mid-day.  Due to construction on I-5 it took me seven hours instead of six.  Both the northbound and southbound traffic was narrowed to one lane  and the backup was interminable.   I took advantage of some of the stops and read some in the novel I am reading, propping the book on the steering wheel so I can see the  tail lights of the cars ahead of me.  One time I read two whole pages before the traffic inched forward a few feet. 
At Kettleman City exit the construction was ended and watch out for people trying to make up  the lost time.  I hit 85 mph and the cars were going past me like missiles.
 
All these wonderful clouds and not a drop of rain.
There is a "thunder boomer" at the V of the mountains.  And then that strange cloud that looks like it was cut with a knife.

And see what happened to it in the next few minutes - slice and dice.

These clouds are birthing tiny baby clouds.

And here is an addition to my photo alphabet - see the H in the lower left corner.  It is laying on its side - a lazy H?
#   #  #

No comments: