Monday, July 27, 2015

Fiberlandia auction quilt by Daniela Dancelli 07-27-15

07-30-15  Daniela sent an explanation of her quilt and I have added it to the bottom of this blog post. Del
 
I didn't receive an answer from Daniela when I asked about her quilt.  Put I did have the info on her blog translated into English, so that is where the details are from.  I don't know if these are eggs in a nest, or just an abstract design, but  I like it.  This is the first quilt from Italy that I have added to the Collection.
 
"All'improvviso" Daniela Dancelli - Italy 2015  6"W x 8"L
Cotton hand-dyed by the artist, carded wool, fleece, acrylic.
Machine applique, free motion machine quilting.
 
 The FMQ reminds me of what I once read was "Herky-Jerky" quilting and it is done with zig-zag or ornamental stitches on the sewing machine with the feed dogs down. 
 
A plain back with good information on the label.
 
 
Daniela says:
"'All’IMPROVVISO' I realized straight off following the creative instinct of the moment. I then chose the materials and colors and I improvised.
 
I decided to focus the viewer's eye at the center of the quilt intriguing him with nine oval.
 
 It says: "Cats have nine lives", according to this theory, I wondered why we, human beings, we can not reinvent life as we want even more times, to stay healthy and point to happiness.
 
So the nine (nine oval) is only a symbol to invite us to live fully the emotions and all that life has to offer! In short “CARPE DIEM!”.
 
Nine is recurring in my life I was born on September 29 (the ninth month of the year).
 
Fabrics are dyed by hand, I used cotton of various weights, yellow and orange are not yet carded wool felted; This work gives lightness and highlights the center with nine oval.
The intense colors reflect my vivacity, my joy and my good mood
 
Here the term "Herky Jerky" is not used; But I like the definition that you gave. I simply call it free-motion brave and instinctual, created to give the work the message expressive movement created to work and intensify the expressive message."
 
#   #   # 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My apologize Del! I don't know because you don't received my e-mail in May 31... my description about "all'improvviso "was attached... THANKS! Daniela Dancelli

danieladancelli said...

Dear Del
I send to you, my new e-mail with description.

Bye,
Daniela