Thursday, April 7, 2016

Drive to San Juan Bautista, CA 04-07-16

No pictures today - I took some of the wildflowers in the hills around Gorman, but the weather was not good and the images are too hazy to see the flowers.  Just as I was driving out of the garage the rain started and it rained until I was over the mountains and down in the central valley at Grapevine.   We welcome the rain, but driving in it with heavy traffic is not fun.  Fortunately, after Grapevine there was no more rain or traffic for me.  I had to stop several times, so it was about a six hour drive, but I arrived before dark.  Always nice because Mary's house is in the hills in an oak woodland - winding, dark, steep road, better in the daylight. 

I will fuse some scraps tomorrow and do some computer work and maybe take a nap... or two.  Gracie the black lab will be here with me and, like all ageing dogs, she mostly sleeps all day.  I am excited about my class with Sue Benner at Empty Spools Seminars, which starts on Sunday, but I need some more pre-fused fabric so I don't use up class time applying the Wonder Under to my scraps.  I have quite a few already fused, but  not enough.  We are supposed to make three to four small landscape quilt tops and I  need to have a good supply of fused fabric to work with. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Del, Have a wonderful time in Sue's workshop. I look forward to snipits of your progress.