Sunday, May 22, 2016

Terry Grant quilt added to TCQC 05-22-16

When I first saw a picture of this quilt I wrote to Terry and asked to buy it when it came back from touring in a group show.  She kindly e-mailed me recently saying the quilt was available and I put a check in the mail.  I like the piece even more now that I have seen it in-the-fabric.  The photos are not good, showing the quilt much more blue than it is.  It is darker, like the night is in the desert.  I photographed it twice, but had the same result.  Sorry, Terry.  Check out Terry's blog post for May 5th to see a better image.
 
 
"Desert Nights"    Terry Grant, Beaverton, OR  2014 24"W x 60"L
Cotton fabric, paint.  Machine pieced, appliqued, quilted.
 

Terry's hand-dyed stripes and plaids are one of her signature marks

These white disc shaped beads are fastened down with a black seed bead in the middle.  White sead beads are scattered among them.

The other white dots are white paint creating a sky full of stars.

Tidy label with basic info.  The HFDBlue is from the group show created by High Fiber Diet.
 
You can see on the back that this quilt is composed of five panels, each finished on the edges and then assembled into the whole quilt.

This is the backing fabric showing the vertical quilting (once called channel quilting, but I have seen many new names for it recently).
#   #   # 
 

No comments: