Tuesday, August 23, 2016

My final destination Acadia Nat'l Park in Maine 08-23-16

This will be very short because I am exhausted and must go to bed.  It was a day of driving on narrow roads with trees along either side.  There were more little villages today, but that just backed up the traffic when everyone  slowed for the speed limits.  I stopped too many times - get gas, go potty, browse a fabric shop (not quilts), and to eat my leftover seafood pie which I think was better the 2nd day cold than it was hot fresh from the range.  I also stopped to find my way on the map, which has entirely too many peninsulas and little roads with similar numbers.  At any rate, I arrived here at the Schoodic Institute at just 5pm when the office closed.  Fortunately Andrea and Karen gook care of me and had my room key waiting.  We invaded out classroom and set everything  up and then went to dinner.  Tamale Pie, which I hope is not an indicator for meals to come!   Back to the classroom to finish set up and then back to my lodging, which is really a two bedroom apartment with living room, dining room and two bedrooms and a bathroom.  Very plain, very brown.  Andrea and Karen are directly above in a duplicate apartments.
 
There is no cell service in the lodgings, so I went out in the dark - and I mean DARK, not even any stars -.and drove around holding my phone up to see if I could get a signal. I finally found a spot on the roadway near the dining hall that gave me ONE bar.  But I was able to check in with two friends who are keeping track of me on this long journey.  Now you all know that I am doing just fine and need to get a little extra sleep tonight.  Hope to write more and include some pictures tomorrow.

#   #   #



2 comments:

Carol said...

So glad you are there, Del. Do you have all that room to yourself?

Suzanne Kistler said...

Glad you got there safely! Have a fabulous time!