Sunday, September 18, 2016

Another night away 09-18-16

I was in San Diego last night (at an HIE) so I could attend the art quilt group meeting yesterday and the annual members meeting of Visions Art Museum today.  The art quilt group  presented their quilts for our "challenge",  Urban Elements, except for Del who only has the background finished.  I had sent to have a copy on fabric, but that came back the wrong color and the wrong size.  So, I am back to using my original background that I made in Elizabeth Busch's class in  Maine.  I'm thinking of just quilting it, details and all, and presenting it as a whole cloth quilt.  Decisions, decisions.
 
The annual member's meeting was poorly attended, I think.  Maybe we need to have a program to attract the  members.  But it was interesting to hear all that the museum has done in the last year and see what is planned for the coming year.  The biennial Visions juried exhibit opens on Oct 15 and promises to be as interesting as all those that have shown in past years.  The opening will be attended by many of the artists and it is always fun to meet new ones and refresh the friendship of those we have met in the past.  Beth Smith, the Museum Director also showed off some of the new merchandise carried in the gift shop, so keep it in mind when you are doing your holiday shopping.
 
KoKo caught a "case" of fleas and during his stay with Nancy this weekend, she bathed him with flea shampoo and brushed him free of fleas - we hope.  He has not been scratching and biting and seems to be flea free at the moment.  Do possums have fleas?  I just saw a big one in the backyard and wonder if that is where KoKo got them.
 
I plan to sleep tomorrow, as I haven't had much time to recover from the marathon to Maine.  Or maybe I should say FROM Maine.  I'm still working on the statistics and may finish them tomorrow.
#   #   #

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I don't know about possums, but do know that if you have an outdoor (ever) pet, you need to treat the pet, your house, AND your yard (diatomaceous earth). So sorry.

I didn't realize the biennial is coming up so soon. Thanks for the "heads up."

Loretta said...

Del, you keep me breathless!! Please rest a little. Regarding the possum...I believe most wild animals carry and share their flees...you might think about a organic garden exterminator!

Quilt: I'll bet with your creative self, you could quilt a whole cloth and it would be wonderful.