Sunday, February 19, 2017

Weather 02-18-17

We had a terrific storm here, I even heard a thunder bolt.  But no damage.  Lots of little limbs and twigs and leaves off the trees, but nothing down in my neighborhood.  KoKo and I were able to take our walks on Thursday and on Friday morning, though it was terrifically windy.  Then the rain came about 2:30 and it poured for hours with the wind blowing the rain on the windows.  Made quite a racket.  The water puddled deeply in my backyard and made a lake along the front walkway.  It drained away today as all the rain we had was a sort of Oregon mist.  Tomorrow is supposed to be clear, then Monday we have more rain.  This must surely break the drought.  Oxalis is thick on my back slope, I know it is a weed, but it is so cheerful. 




   #   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

I'm pleased to hear no damage just lots and lots of water. Our reservoirs are full and spilling over here in Marin. My place has been reasonable...just water under the house which is usual in heavy rains...years ago I set up a sump pump and its being doing its job quite nicely. Take care and stay dry...we too are expecting more rain.