Sunday, February 19, 2017

Revisiting quilt by Diane Perin Hock 02-19-17

Here is the Poodle Prince designed by Diane from photos on my Blog.  This is another of the gift quilts made by the Twelve by 12 group to thank me for sponsoring their exhibit at the Quilt Festivals.  
 
"Corky Encounters Nature"  Diane Perin Hock - Healdsburg, CA  2011  12" x 12"
Commercial cotton fabrics, batiks, tulle. Machine thread painting, quilting.

Such a loving rendering of my favorite poodle - hard to believe that Diane had never met him face to face!  One thing she has incorrect is that Corky doesn't pay the slightest attention to Nature.  Ducks and geese have walked right past his nose and he completely ignores them.  He is, after all, the center of the world, so why should he bother with lowly creatures.   When I showed this quilt to Corky's Daddy he said, "Where should we hang it?"  Not so fast, Pops, it will hang in the Nanny's house!  I love it.



One of these pictures is lightened to show the tulle over the top.  But I can't tell which is which on my screen.  Perhaps you can. 



A nice cabbage back that shows all the stitching, a perfect faced edge and a generous sleeve. 

A simple, but personal label.  No contact, but at least a city where someone could start looking.
 
The Poodle Prince went over the rainbow bridge in October 2013, but I will always have this little quilt to remind me of the love we shared.

 
 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Oh my, such a special remembrance of the Poodle Prince. He was a wonderful guest to so many of us from time to time. Thank you Diane for rendering a wonderful likeness. Stay well.