Thursday, August 24, 2017

Ladies lunching out 08-23-17

My friend Carol has been talking about this restaurant since she went with friends a month or so ago.  So we matched up dates with our friend Teresa and gave it a try yesterday.  It is Farmhouse at Roger's Gardens in Corona del Mar.  I used to shop for plants at Roger's Gardens, an upscale nursery with fabulous plants and imaginative hanging baskets and multi-plant pots.  They also have patio furniture, a top rated gift shop, and just about anything a gardener would be seeking.  It isn't for penny-pinchers as it is located in the very elite area of Corona del Mar, almost adjacent to the VERY upscale Fashion Island.  Years ago, when I lived in Huntington Beach I did a lot of gardening and would frequent Rogers for unusual plants and unique planting ideas.  I will post some pictures later that I took yesterday of the flowers on display.
 
I thought I had taken pictures of our lunch plates but all I took was dessert.  Of course!  I had wonderful Icelandic cod with baby broccoli and farro and a lovely mild sauce.  Carol had the Grilled Hanger Steak with Heirloom Tomato Salad, and Teresa had a Gorgonzola & Granny Smith Apple & Chicken  Salad (w/candied pecans, dried cranberries, mixed lettuce and raspberry vinaigrette). Everything was delicious and beautifully presented.  Of course, we couldn't resist dessert. 
 
Flourless Chocolate Cake w/fruit, red wine sauce and whipped cream.



Peach Crisp w/brown sugar and oat topping, vanilla bean ice cream and caramel sauce.


Carol Bednar


Teresa Malinowski

On the right, Teresa and Carol choose our table for next time. 
 
It was a lovely day. 
#   #   # 


 

1 comment:

Dolores said...

It's so fun to "do" lunch!! I love my girlfriends and they make life so wonderful!! XX