Thursday, August 17, 2017

Thursday Threads 08-17-17

I haven't made a bed quilt for quite a few years, but keep thinking about different designs I might do.  This quilt "Blue Goose" it my favorite of all the bed quilts I have ever made.
 
Blue Goose Del Thomas  1996  60“W x 80”L 
Cotton fabric, thread, and batting. Machine quilted by Derek Lockwood.
The pattern is the traditional Goose in the Pond.  Before I turned to original design quilts I made quite a few Goose in the Pond quilts, just about my favorite pattern. 
 


Here is the label with two paper pieced blue geese. They are the bird that I always put somewhere  in my quilts.
 
The sashing fabric, blue with grey and white trees, is one that Ruth McDowell designed for South Seas some thirty years ago.  The angels at the bottom of the label photo was one of those happy coincidents that happen sometimes.  At the time I made the quilt top I was working in a quilt shop and was there when the UPS man delivered a pile of packages - all new fabrics for the shop.  The very first one I opened was the yellow and blue angels, seemed like the perfect backing for the quilt top I had just completed. 
#   #   #
 
 


 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Stunning! Perfect cutting, piecing and sewing....all those corners to match perfectly....wow! I've always loved this color combination. Thanks for sharing another of your wonderful quilts.