Thursday, September 21, 2017

More on Morro Bay visit 09-21-17

Blogger is messing me up again.  I redid these pictures twice and Blogger keeps putting them in the opposite order than they should be.  You can read from the bottom up if you want to be "in order".
 
These were only two of the great quilts that were part of Show & Tell.
As I remember, this one is paper pieced and it is spectacular. 

  
This calm, soothing flying geese quilt is just gorgeous, but see the back below! 
 
I don't usually show quilts unless I have the name of the maker, but perhaps the makers will see this and send me their names.  This is the back of the flying geese quilt above.  Such a wonderful, colorful, wild back to such a calm quilt.  I love both sides. 
 
 

Del Thomas at the beach at Morro Bay rock.

Liz Williams at the beach at Morro Bay rock.

This is a terrible picture, I know.  But I couldn't get any closer to the sea otters.

A view of the sea otter "nursery" in a cove near the rock. We thought we could count 14 mommies with their babies. 

At one time the rock was mined and the rocks used to create the causeway from the  mainland.

This view is from the causeway and the huge parking lot.  Most of these vehicles are parked by the surfers who were trying out a not very convincing surf.  We didn't see anyone rise to the top of their board. 
 
#   #   #

3 comments:

Carol said...

Great photo of you, Del!

Loretta said...

Thank you....another vicarious trip with Del. Sure does look like I need to make arrangements for a trip south. And I'll be the traffic is not so horrific as in LA or SD!

Sara Kelly said...

I made the calm flying geese quilt. I called it "Death Valley Throw." Glad you liked it.