Saturday, December 9, 2017

Re-visiting a quilt by Terry Grant 12-09-17

This is a copy of the post for June 6, 2010.  I continue to admire Terry's work and her blog is a treasure http://andsewitgoes.blogspot.com  I will continue to read it and purchase her quilts when I can. 

 

Sunday, June 6, 2010

 

 

"Laurel" Terry Grant 2008 12"W x 12"L
Terry's techniques and style appeal to me and I find her pieces so very tempting. There are several of her 12X12 Group works that I would love to add to TCQC. I don't see this quilt as a Christmas quilt (I don't do Christmas any longer), but as a tree quilt - it fits into my continuing fascination with trees. Terry wrote about this quilt twice in her blog. You can read those posts at:
You can see that she has used colored pencils or some other technique to give the berries dimension. The color here is not true, but I retook the photos hoping to have a better representation. No luck.
 
#   #   #
This post was when I started showing the backs of the quilts and sometimes details of the labels. 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Her work is beautiful...