Thursday, September 27, 2018

I couldn't watch 09-27-18

No, it was too much for me.  The inquisition and the bully boys - gaack!   I'm afraid my blood pressure would just blow my head off, so I just read a few of the after comments and "appraisals", but not many.  I too have had #metoo moments, but I have not reported them or shared them or even want to.  And I've heard women talk about their #metoo events.  All I could do was sympathize and pass the tissue box.  A lot has changed in my 80 years of living, but not the sexual exploitation of women everywhere.  Will it ever end?   I am so sad tonight.  And I am actually glad I have no children, which is really sad. 
#   #   #

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Thank you Del. I too am horrified at how the male members of the Senate conducted themselves during the hearing! I just wonder what their families, particularly their wives, thought of their conduct and performances. Despicable! I too have had #MeToo moments in my life and understand women's plight! I don't expect it to get better during my lifetime -- and I wonder if things will change for my daughters!

Take care and stay well my friend.

Sherrie Spangler said...

I watched, but Kavanaugh's demeanor was so infuriating, as was that of the Republican men. My daughter struggles with PTSD, anxiety and phobias after two attacks when she was younger and it breaks my heart. She is trying to move on with her life and puts on a cheerful front, but it is so hard for her. We women must stand together.

Rebecca said...

There have been many times in the last couple years that I have been glad that I don't have children (especially daughters) to worry about the world we are leaving them. And I, too, feel that is a very sad statement.