Sunday, October 14, 2018

One winning quilt at PIQF NFS 10-14-18

I spent the day at Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara, CA, trying to see all of the quilts.  After I got back to Mary's and looked at the catalog I realized I had missed a row or two.  One day is not long enough to see everything and I didn't even stroll the vendor aisles.   Here are images of one amazing quilt that won a ribbon.  By far, my favorite quilt in the show. 


As you can see it took 1st place int he Innovative category.

"My Rhodie"  Andrea Brokenshire - TX  54" X 46"

DETAIL from left side about midway. 

DETAIL  Center of main blosssom. 

Background foliage, I think this is bottom right.  

There were some spectacular quilts, heavily long-arm quilted and strewn with glued on crystals.  I will edit the images after I return to Placentia and post more on my blog.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Beautiful quilting on the rhodie blossoms.