Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Quilts at PIQF - 10-16-18

I haven't made much progress on editing today.  It always takes so much time to get ready for a trip and, it seems, almost as much time to put everything away when I get back.  So, I'll post what I can tonight and more later.  

I take pictures of what appeals to me and also what I think others will like to see.  I'm sure if you Google PIQF or Pacific International Quilt Festival 2018, you will find a number of blogs showing what appealed to those bloggers.  I know I will look too.  


I found this description on the Internet:  
Boro (Japanese for tattered rags) and Sashiko (little stabs) are decorative Japanese repairing stitches that are not meant to be hidden but to enhance the fault. Traditionally white cotton thread is used on indigo blue cloth which is said to recall snow falling around old farmhouses.

Can you see the repair?









Mostly the beads and crystals do not show in the photographs.  Sorry/.













I repeated this last one so I can have all the pictures together. 
      #   #   #

1 comment:

sonja said...

Everything takes longer for us vintage people it seams to me as well. A trip to town and chores done there require a power nap with feets up for me often! Thank you for showing more quilt show winners at Pacific International Quilt Festival 2018! What amazing art fabric work under one roof!!AND Oh those wonderful Rhodies!! Thanks for the photo and attribution to the quilts.