Friday, June 28, 2019

Friday Food 06-28-19

Still struggling with my pictures.  I wish I had been more specific when titling them in Picasa.  Then I could just type in a search for Birthday and come up with dozens of birthday dessert images.  As it is, I can only find these three.  

And it isn't my birthday.  I just seem to have quite a few birthdays in the past week and coming week that I was exploring birthday cakes.  Not that these can be considered "cakes".  

I think this one is from Solare in San Diego near VAM.  The nuts and chocolate on top deliberately look like dirt.  


This is a 7" chocolate cake from Ralph's market, just enough for four.  This group I belong to is only four members and our tradition is that everyone brings their own birthday dessert in their month.  Of course, it must serve four!  

An individual birthday dessert from one of my favorite sushi restaurants. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those are all interesting cakes. The dirt one is so funny. There is a blogger who responds to photo challenges, and I am always amazed at how she manages to find photos to represent whatever theme the challenge asks for (textures, aqua, gate, etc.) I have trouble finding photos of themes that represent the types of photos I take.