Friday, August 23, 2019

Friday Food 08-23-19

I try to make my doctor's appointments in the morning and don't eat before I go, in case she wants blood tests.  To "reward" myself I go out to breakfast/brunch. I hadn't been to Kimmie's in Orange for months, so I went there and found an empty table with a view out the door to watch the people, cars, trucks, buses, etc., go by. It was a lovely day and there were many dog walkers, so cute doggies to watch also.  I had never had the breakfast quesadilla, so that is what I ordered.  It was fantastic, but to me it seemed more like a flat burrito than a quesadilla. A LARGE flour tortilla with scrambled eggs, bacon, cilantro, and (I think) a little onion, served with refried beans with a little grated cheese and some Spanish rice and some salsa.  Along with a bottomless cup of coffee.  

I ate about half before I remembered to take a picture. 

It was too much for me and I brought home half to have for dinner. This may become my favorite breakfast, for a while, anyway.  

#   #   #