Sunday, August 18, 2019

Motel decor 08-17-19

I frequently take pictures in motels; the art, the carpet, the strange lamps, and the inadequate bathrooms.  But then I hesitate to post the images with my sometimes caustic remarks.  Sometimes, however, the art is rather nice as in the HIE in Salmon Creek, WA, just north of the Oregon border. 

This might be print of a serigraph, I'm not sure.  But it is downtown Portland and the Willamette River  (will am' it).  And I believe the bridge is called the Steel Bridge, the center span lifts straight up for boats to go through. 

This is a lovely pastel view of Portland by the same artist, but the bridge shown is the St. John's Bridge which is quite a way down river from downtown.  Artist's freedom, I suppose. 

It is always nice to have restful décor in a motel room.  Unlike this one at the HIE in San Luis Obispo in June 2018.  Hard to sleep even in the pitch dark.


#   #   #

No comments: