Thursday, January 23, 2020

Another tour at Visions Art Museum 01-23-20

I'm driving down to San Diego tomorrow to conduct a tour of the Ruth B. McDowell quilts.  It is a group tour, but if anyone else in the galleries wants to listen in that is okay!  It will pretty much be the same talk I gave on Saturday evening.  But I don't read from notes so the talk is always a bit different.  I do love looking at, sharing, and talking about Ruth's work.  Although she has taught many students who will make quilts using her techniques, her work is always uniquely hers, partially due to the fabrics she selects.  I took many classes with her, hoping I could learn to do that, but I decided one must be born with a certain "eye" and, though I learned a LOT, I don't have that eye.  

Here is another yellow scrap thing, not sewn down yet. 


#   #   #

No comments: