Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Down and Back to San Diego 02-26-20

I had signed up to do a gallery tour of the Ruth B. McDowell quilts at Visions Art Museum in San Diego today.  I think the group of about 40 quilting ladies might have been a Traveling Quilters group as they were from all over - Palm Springs, Temecula, Hemet, and !Canada! (surely a snowbird, eh?).  The museum people divided them into two groups and one group went to lunch while the other had the tour, then they switched.  I was hard pressed to keep track of what I had explained to the first group, or had I just said it to the second group?  Old age?  And my voice was getting a little thready by the end.  But I do enjoy talking about the quilts in the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection, especially Ruth's quilts.   They will be up until April 5th. 

When I drove home I stopped at my favorite pokey place on Jamboree in Irvine to pick up a pokey bowl to go for dinner [it was delicious].


When I parked I wondered what was going on with all these people on the sidewalk.  They didn't look agitated, so I went on toward them, not a shooting anyway. 

By the time I returned to my car there were even more people. 




Turned out they were lined up to get into Yogurtland!  Something I have never seen before.  But it makes sense because it was 88F there today.  Whew, a little taste of summer already.  


It was a very beautiful day and the ocean was very blue. 

#   #   #


No comments: