Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentine's Flowers 02-14-20

Here is an illustration of a simple gift making someone's day special.   This afternoon someone knocked on my door and I opened it to a little girl who lives in the cul de sac across the street.  I just know them to say hello and once when they accidentally locked their little white dog out of the house when they went off for a whole day, I gave her a bowl of water and watched that she didn't run off.  She wouldn't let me near her, but she would run back into the yard if I came by.  It was a simple thing to do and I do love doggies even if they don't love me!  Since then she has brought little gifts several times and today, for Valentine's, she brought me a bunch of white carnations which are very fragrant.  I know it was her mother's idea, but regardless of the origin of the idea it was a lovely thing to do and made me feel not so alone.  It is a reminder that we have no real idea of how much our actions affect the lives of others.  Saying hello, paying for the car behind at Starbuck's, telling someone how nice they look, giving up a seat on a crowded bus, - simple things that connect us to the world around us.  I am so grateful for the special moments that lift my spirits.  





#   #   #


4 comments:

Loretta said...

Very special indeed. Thanks so much for sharing.

Carol said...

Del, I’m sure this family can never thank you enough for taking care of their pup! This is a very heartwarming story
Are you sure these are carnations?

Rebecca said...

What a nice story.

I, too, wondered if those were carnations until I scrolled back up to see the stems & leaves!

Sherrie Spangler said...

What sweet neighbors! It's these little things that can really boost your spirits.