Friday, October 30, 2020

A resting day 10-30-20

 

In late September KoKo was asleep on my lap whilst I read in my recliner.  I don't know where Froggy was that night. And this was one of last times this happened!  Soon after I was stricken with the Sciatica and KoKo has been staying with friends in Placentia.  With the pain and my inability to walk I couldn't take care of him, so he has been with Cherie and Jim all this last month.  Friend Carol drove him home one day last week for a short visit, but it was very painful for him to be on my lap.  We are going to try it again tomorrow for just a couple hours.  He can't come home for good until I can take him on his two daily walks. 

Yesterday I had the spinal injection which absolutely wiped me out for the rest of the day and most of today.  Friends tell me it is the anesthetic that effect me so strongly, so today I have been drinking lots of water and mostly resting in my recliner. So weak and wobbly I could hardly read.  But as the day went on I felt better and more able to do a few things that needed to be done.  I still have the ache in my left knee, thigh, and hip joint which flares into sharp pain now and then.  I try to change my position and even massaged it a bit.  But the skin is very sensitive and hurts even with just a quilt on it.  This is a very strange "disease" that I can't quite get my mind around.  Why does it just hurt in certain places when the actual "hurt" place is in my spine?  Anyway, I am still working on getting back on my feet.   I don't want to get addicted to pain meds so I have only had two Norco pills today and hope to hold to that tomorrow. 

Sorry I have been lax on my blog, but, as you see, I don't really have anything interesting to talk about!
#   #   #


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just concentrate on yourself and rest, Del. it is good to hear that your friends are helping out, and we wish you a speedy recovery.
Best wishes
Anne

Loretta said...

Absolutely, a very speedy recovery! I am truly sorry all this is going on with you! Darn! I will continue sending healing thoughts your way. It is so nice you have friends close by to help you and KoKo. Hugs.