Monday, January 25, 2021

More rain? 01-25-21


The weather guys predicted 100% chance of rain, but we didn't have any today.  Lots of clouds, brisk wind, and only 54F.  Not many days since it was 92F!!   

Looking west from our front porch just after sunset tonight.   Those are clouds just above the houses and trees.  And twenty miles from here to the Pacific Ocean.
 

A couple days ago I posted about a virtual quilt show that includes a couple of my quilts.  Today I was notified that my quilt "Cactus Flower" won 2nd place and I will receive a $200 gift card.  I was surprised because I hadn't paid attention to the fact that there were prizes!   This is one of my favorite quilts I have made, so it is nice to know that others like it.  You can check out the exhibit and see the other two winners at https://galleryq.org/featured-art-works/
The first prize winner is Meg Monahan's "Queen's Cross".  "Convolutions" by Carol Nilsen is the third place winner.   
#   #   #

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Love, love, love Cactus Flower....your use of fabrics is superb! Congratulations on receiving a 2nd place award for this fine quilt. Stay well.

Carol said...

Congratulations! That’s an exciting piece of news!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! The money is a nice surprise.

I love the colors in the raincloud pictures. I would like to save them as inspiration for painting (I just took a watercolor class with Gina Lee Kim), if I may.