Monday, June 14, 2021

Quilt from Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection 06-14-21

I have such a hard time keeping track of what day it is and when I have things scheduled.  I had set up all the connections I need to make before going to SDiego for the meeting of the art quilt group.  But then I talked to a member of that group and discovered that the meeting is the 27th!  NOT the 20th.  So, I had to contact those people I had notified and change the date.  I think I have it all straight now.  I will be going down on Saturday and spending the night before the group meets on Sunday.  And then struggle with the traffic coming home.  Now that the pandemic is receding everyone is on the road again so it will be a slow Sunday grind on the I-5 North, just as it has been for years before 2020 came along. 

And in the same vein, I thought last night that it was Saturday again and failed to post a quilt from the Collection.  These are two of Ruth B. McDowell's fabulous fowl.  I like to hang the two duck quilts together although all they have in common is the duck.  Such amazing choices she makes for backgrounds - always colorful and "in motion".   And such feet! 

"Duck at the Crossroads"   Ruth B. McDowell (Minnesota)  2014  25.5"L X 20"W 

Commercial cotton fabrics, cotton batting, cotton threads.

Machine pieced, machine quilted.  


"Duck Weeding"  Ruth B. McDowell  (Minnesota) 2012  20.5"L X 18"W

Commercial cotton fabrics, cotton batting, cotton threads.

Machine pieced, machine quilted. 

#   #   #



2 comments:

Loretta said...

Love, love, love Ruth's ducks. There seems is always be a little surprise somewhere...whether it be in the fabric, of a piece or two Ruth chose...it is always fun to look around the quilt to see what and how she used that special piece. Thank you.
P.S. I too never know what day it is anymore...which causes me to add post-it notes to cabinet doors, my bed post, even sometimes the lampshade on the lamp on the table next to my bed, bathroom mirrors, etc. I remind myself, I am OK though! Take care and stay well.

Anonymous said...

Me too, I have all the same things happen as both of you. I love all your posts, Del, and the generous sharing of your collection, especially , being overseas.
Thank you, Anne