Sunday, June 13, 2021

Sewing some 06-13-21

Just sewing another scrap strip background.  This one will require lots of thread color changes.  There is no deadline, but I hope it won't take me another five months to complete.  Probably appliqued birds. 

Hard to decide what color to use on the striped fabric - white?  light blue?  more beige?   I am really struggling with being indecisive since I have been a decider all my life.  I have even had to actually write down many possibilities before choosing one.  Strange, but don't know if it is old age or something else.  Guess it goes along with forgetting things.  

These are all strips cut to even out yardage for precise cuts or they are cut from the edges of quilts before binding.  So all the edges are raw and somewhat uneven.  They are fused to a backing fabric (a worn out pillowcase) and not very tightly fused.  So, I need to be accurate in catching the edges.  Of course, it will be a wall quilt and won't be handled very much.
#   #   #



1 comment:

Martha Ginn said...

I like what's going on here, Del. Very satisfying type of sewing, and good for when I don't want to start on something big. I'll be back to check later.