Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving 11-25-21

My friend Liz delivered a bag of plastic containers with turkey and all the trimmings, including her delicious Jello salad which I look forward to every year.   It is a tradition in her house and certainly now in mine!   The wind has been blowing here for several days and the gutters along with my porch are filled with leaves.  Although I don't have a deciduous tree in my yard, all of my neighbors do.  Those trees are almost completely bare now - I counted seven leaves on the redbud across the street.  Why are those few holding on?  Lots of palm fronds and pieces scattered about and someone on Next Door is looking for their patio umbrella.  KoKo doesn't enjoy the wind so we have done short walks - to empty the dog!  And because of the debris in the air I wear a mask.  

Hope your Thanksgiving was everything you wanted it to be - with a crowd or by yourself.  I've added a turkey image to my turkey gallery.   Isn't he delicious>









#   #   #

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Happy T-Day Del and Koko. Bob and I had steak which will morph into steak soup today. Yum I eat a lot of poultry so steak is a treat. Today we walked in tiny ice pellets, 30°F. Bob got to wear his sweater he was excited. I get the first boy dog of my life and he wants to wear clothes. Go figure.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Love all these images of turkeys - makes me want to start a new quilt using one of them. I am going to resist though since I want to finish something before the end of the year.